Privacy Disclosures: LessonIndex.com
Information Collection & Use
Simply stated: We don't know who you are, and we don't track you. But other folks do.
Registration: Visitors do not need to register or disclose any personally identifiable information at this web site.
Server Log Files: This web site does not use tracking "cookies." However, like all web sites, each time you click to request a web page from this server (and each time a web page loads a graphic image), information about that "request" is stored in a "log file" (logged data includes the date, time, IP address, page requested, browser and OS information, and the referring URL). The log-file information does not identify individual users. We use this log-file information, to analyze trends, to administer the site, and to gather information about the interests and preferences of our audience.
Third-Party Collection of Data:
- Google Analytics: This site uses the Google Analytics service, which uses script code in this site's HTML web pages to record information similar to the log file data mentioned above. Google uses both cookies and "Google Accounts" to track users' activity; millions of web sites use the Google Analytics service.
- Network Advertising: Some of this site's web pages may display "network advertisng," which is directly served or delivered by third parties; one example is the Google "AdSense" advertising block. These advertisements are delivered through script code in this site's HTML web pages, which cause your computer to request the advertising information from the third party's server. Third-party advertisers on this site, including Google and its DoubleClick subsidiary, may deliver cookies to your computer, and log your request activity in their own log files. (Google will combine data from your visit to this web site and other web sites you visit to build and update an anonymous "profile" of you, in order to deliver relevant advertising. Click here for more information from Google about its advertising and data-collection practices.)
- Social Media Buttons: Some pages at this site may display buttons for Facebook, Google Plus, and/or other "social media" services. Like network advertisements, these buttons load a script from those web sites, which the social media services use to track your activity and your preferences.
- Google & Facebook Accounts: If you are currently logged in to a "Google Account" (for example, to view gmail, to use Google Apps, or to use Google Plus), Google recognizes you across all these services and while you're viewing other web sites, and may thus match your personal identifying information to your tracked activities, whenever you view a web page that includes any Google service (including the Google AdSense, Google Analytics, and Google Plus tags used on this site). Likewise, if you're logged into Facebook, that service will recognize you when you visit other web sites (including LessonIndex.com) which include Facebook "button" scripts.
- Link intermediaries: Some of the links to external web sites pass through intermediaries (including "affiliate networks" like ShareASale and Commission Junction), which also track your click, deliver a cookie, and transfer your request to the destination web site. These intermediaries (and their cookies) are later checked if you make a purchase at the third party destination web site, and if so, the intermediary stores information about that transaction so that the third parties can account and pay us an advertising fee in exchange for directing customers to their web sites. Some merchants share aggregate purchase information with us; for example, CurrClick reports the specific items that were purchased by consumers that were referred from this web site; some other sites report which links or tracking codes resulted in sales transactions; we use this information when updating this web site's content and advertising. However, these third-party merchants do not share any personal identifying information with us.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
This web site does not collect or share any personally identifiable information with third parties. The only information "sharing" occurs in the manner specified in the preceding paragraphs. We do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information (since we don't collect any).
You may choose to block the collection of some information by our advertisers, by configuring your web browser to refuse to accept or return "cookies." You might also use third-party "Internet Security" software which may block some third-party advertising and some trackable links to third-party web sites; if so, you will not see some relevant content seen by other visitors to this web site (and other web sites), because your software will edit, delete, or alter the content as it is loaded into your computer, and prevents you from seeing it. You can reduce the use of personally-identifying information by certain services by "logging out" of services like Facebook, Twitter, and Google Accounts before visiting other web sites.
More About Cookies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record-keeping purposes. This site does not place or retrieve tracking cookies. However, as noted above, when some third-party advertisements are displayed at this site and when you click on external web links, persistent cookies are used by those third-party sites (and some aggregate data made possible by use of those persistent cookies is used by this owner of this web site.) You can configure your web browser to block any "third-party cookies," or to block all cookies (but by doing so, you will likely be unable to use certain features on other web sites). You can remove persistent cookies by using utility software or by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file. Third-party web sites may also track and cross-match your cookie and "clickstream" data with other data you disclose to those third party web sites (for example, Amazon.com stores information about the pages you view and the products you buy, to suggest other related merchandise which may interest you).
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
This site does not directly utilize a software technology called clear gifs (sometimes called "web beacons" or "web bugs"). Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive (where users can view them, though not easily), clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are smaller than the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Advertisers may tie the information gathered by clear gifs to any personally identifiable information which they have obtained. You may be able to block this technology by using third-party "Internet Security" software.
We reserve the right to disclose any information in our "log files," or any other records maintained by us (or on our behalf by a third-party web service), as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.(Since we don't gather any personal identifying information about you, we can't inform you if this occurs.)
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect any information gathered in our "log files," we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the event that LessonIndex.com goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, the information collected by this web site will likely be among the assets transferred.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
This web site was created and is maintained by Mark J. Welch, who is an Internet Marketing Consultant in the San Francisco Bay Area, in California.
You can contact Mark Welch via email at MarkWelch@MarkWelch.com; for urgent issues, call 925-462-8483.
Home About Privacy"